Monofin Review: Child Fin reported by AquaTails quality mermaid tails for swimming
There are many monofins out there for today’s mermaids, many more than there were just a few years ago. We have tried almost all of them, and so I’ll be reviewing them as objectively as I can. (AquaTails doesn’t yet make our own – watch for it one day!)
MONOFIN REVIEW PART 1 – Child Monofin
Made & Sold by Finis, also AquaTails offers this unique Ariel Green version (right).
- Most inexpensive monofin out there – retailing around $30.
- Comes in several color options.
- Made for children – nice and small.
- Has a quick-release backstrap – it comes off very easily, can be kicked off.
- Adjustable strap with velcro closure.
- Is in the cute mermaid shape.
- Nice and stiff, propels swimmer through the water very nicely.
- Strap comes off TOO easily – doesn’t stay on the feet well.
- AquaTails recommends child wearing a water shoe in this fin to help hold the strap up, especially for tiny feet.
- Does NOT come in very small children’s sizes. This fits ladies shoe sizes 2-8. Most kids are older before they reach a size 2 shoe.
- Again, AquaTails recommends swimmer wearing a water shoe inside the fin.
- Can break if the fin is bent too far, or if the straps are pulled out away from the fin too hard.
- Straps should always be pulled straight back from the fin – not outwards.
- The points are a little sharp and over time they will wear holes in fabric tails at the points.
Please leave your opinion on this particular child monofin in the Comments below, for a chance to win one of these child monofins for yourself!!